Ethnopharmacological Studies of Argemone Mexicana for the Management of Psoriasis Followed By Molecular Techniques: Focus on Plant Metabolomics & Mechanism of Action
Mohammad Gayoor Khan1, Yezdani Umama2, Hari Baskar3, Kumar Ayush4, Karthikeyan Lakshman5, Monika Sekar6
1Mohammad Gayoor Khan, Department of Pharmacy, Truba Institute of Pharmacy, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), India.
2Yezdani Umama, Department of Pharmacy Practice, MRM College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad (Telangana), India
3Hari Baskar, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, KMCH College of Pharmacy, (Tamil Nadu), India
4Kumar Ayush, Department of Pharmacy Practice, (M.M.C.P) M.M.D.U Mullana Ambala (Haryana), India.
5Karthikeyan Lakshman, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Raos College of Pharmacy, Nellore (Andhra Pradesh), India.
6Monika Sekar, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Raos College of Pharmacy, Nellore (Andhra Pradesh), India.
Manuscript received on July 01, 2019. | Revised Manuscript Received on July 12, 2019.. | Manuscript published on July 20, 2019. | PP: 1-5 | Volume-2 Issue-8, July 2019 | Retrieval Number: H0097072819/19©BEIESP | DOI: 10.35940/ijbsac.H0097.072819
Open Access | Ethics and Policies | Cite
© The Authors. Published by Lattice Science Publication (LSP). This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/)
Abstract: Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition which results in the body attacking itself. It occurs in the age group of 14 to ≥ 65 years. The average age is 28 years. More than 10 million cases per year in India are being recorded. Around 15% of cases emerge before the age of 10 years. In the case of psoriasis, white blood cells known as T cells mistakenly attack the skin cells. Around 80% of people have mild psoriasis, and the other 20% have moderate to severe psoriasis. There are different types of psoriasis they are Plaque psoriasis occurs in about 80-90% of people, it appears as raised, inflamed, red lesions, covered by a silvery, white scales, usually on the elbows, knees, scalp, and lower back. Inverse psoriasis appears in the different parts like armpits, the groin, under the breasts, and in other skin folds such as the buttocks and around the genitals. Argemone Mexicana (Mexican poppy, Mexican prickly poppy, flowering thistle, cardo or cardosanto) is a species of poppy found in Mexico and now widely naturalized in many parts of the world. An extremely hardy pioneer plant as it is tolerant of drought and poor soil, often being the only cover on new road cuttings or verges. The flower has bright yellow latex, and though poisonous to grazing animals and is rarely eaten, but has been used medicinally by many people including those in its native area, the Natives of the western US, parts of Mexico and in Whole part of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, etc.
Keywords: Chromatographic and Spectrophotometric techniques, Psoriasis, Argemone Mexicana, Albino Mice, Etc